This is just a quick summary for anyone coming late to this issue.
2. Subsequently, they became annoyed and tried to intimidate him to remove the blog post. They even went to the extreme and sent Wordress a DMCA notice.
3. Naturally, as a comparatively poor student, Oliver Hotham, complied. He couldn’t afford the time nor the money to fight that action in a court. But he expressed his annoyance in a further blog post, The sordid tale of how I was censored by Straight Pride UK.
4. Straight Pride UK wanted that removed as well, piling on the pressure. But the Internet came to Oliver’s rescue.
6. Activists on Twitter took notice of events and pointed out the homophobic sentiment underlying Straight Pride UK (expressing support for Putin’s anti-Gay laws). which led them to protecting their tweets, effectively censoring themselves! Under pressure they swapped Twitter accounts, but made the elementary mistake of leaving their old free.
8. You might think that would be the end of it. Anyone sensible would lay low, lick their wounds and think about their strategy. NB: the individuals behind the original Straight Pride UK are now using the @prideofstraight account on Twitter.
10. Now Twitter activists are re-tweeting with the #prideofstupid
11. The issue was picked up by various sections of the media:
[This is a partial summary, may contain errors, typos or omissions so blame the author! I welcome intelligent corrections, but no DMCA notices please, as I ignore them and I am immune to libel proceedings too.]
PS: If you suffer from DNS issues, then please do visit the second parody site stupidprideuk.com
Update 1: Straight Pride seem a bit troubled and anxious, changing their Twitter account, again to @ofclstraightprd
I suspect there are some deep-seated issues at play there.
If they were not bigots I might feel sympathy for their neurotic behaviour, but as it is they need to be exposed for the closet homophobes they are.
Update 2: The plot thickens their new account @ofclstraightprd comes up with “Account suspended” on Twitter.
I can only assume that they have decided to give up social media, realising that they cannot impose their totalitarian and homophobic agenda on the rest of the Internet.
Or possibly they have retreated back to their cave, knuckles scraping on ground? Who knows?