“Your facts relating to this case are plain wrong. Julian Assange is facing four serious allegations. One of rape, two of sexual molestation and one of coercion relating to two Swedish women.
The allegations of sexual molestation and coercion relate to Miss A. The entire sexual experience she described to police appears altogether unpleasant and she details what exactly went wrong in her police statement. She does NOT claim she was raped.
The case involving Miss W is the one that constitutes rape. Judge Riddle in the UK said after reviewing the evidence that this would also be classified as rape in the UK.
Miss W is consistently misrepresented in what has become entirely inappropriate trial by twitter. Her police statement is consistent with a victim statement and she makes no indication in interview that she wants to retract her claim. This is entirely myth.
Miss W told police: “She cycled home, showered, and washed the bed sheets. Because she had not gone to work on time, she called in sick and stayed home all day. She wanted to clean up and wash everything. There was semen on the bed sheets; she thought it was disgusting. She also went to the chemist’s and bought a morning-after pill.
When she talked with her friends afterwards, she understood that she was the victim of a crime. She went to Danderyd Hospital, and from there to Söder Hospital where she was examined and where samples with a so-called rape kit were also taken.”
That does not sound like a women who has been tricked into reporting rape to the police.
Police reports states:
“They dozed off and she awoke and felt him penetrating her. She immediately asked, “Are you wearing anything?”, to which he replied, “You”. She said to him: “You better don’t have HIV”, and he replied, “Of course not”. “She felt that it was too late. He was already inside her and she let him continue. She didn’t have the energy to tell him one more time. She had gone on and on about condoms all night long. She has never had unprotected sex before.”
Police report includes this comment from the interviewer:
“In the course of the interview, Sofia and I were informed that Julian Assange had been arrested in absentia. After that, Sofia had difficulty concentrating, as a result of which I made the judgement that it was best to terminate the interview. But Sofia did mention that Assange was angry at her. There was not enough time to obtain any further information about why he was angry at her or how this was expressed. Nor did we have time to discuss what had happened afterwards. The interview was neither read back to Sofia nor read by her for approval; but Sofia was informed that she could do so at a later date.”
That to me reads that Miss W was in fact frightened of Julian Assange and that he had already indicated to her he was angry with her. Hearing that he had been arrested would have made her even more fearful as now he would probably be furious. There is no indication that Miss W wanted to withdraw her claim or was concerned for Assange’s well being.
What is clear is she is frightened of him.
Where does it say anywhere that Miss W wanted to withdraw her statement, refused to sign her statement or felt sorry that Assange was being misrepresented?
I have read enough about this case to see there is a legitimate serious of allegations that Julian Assange must answer and that he appears to be at best a reckless sex creep or at worse a rapist. It remains up to a formal trial to determine his guilt or innocence but to claim Julian Assange has nothing to answer is to indeed, in my books, to be seen as a rape apologist.
There is no real evidence that the US plans to extradite Assange from Sweden and in fact there is a wealth of evidence supporting the notion it would be impossible for them to do so. These incidents occurred a month after Bradley Manning was arrested and when Assange had applied for residency in Sweden. No mention of possible US extradition or rendition back then.
Facts are adding up that Julian Assange is doing everything he can to avoid having to go back to Sweden, as he earlier promised. Should all the legal barriers to him returning be exhausted and he is forced back I suspect he will renew his character assassination of these two women.
How any women, or man for that matter can support active avoidance of a proper Swedish trial here is beyond me.
- 2012 Anti-Israeli Anti-Jewish racism Anti-Muslim bigotry Antiracism Antisemitism Assad Assange atrocities Australia Australian politics Bailii Barack Obama Bashar al-Assad BBC BDS Britain British Politics Civilian deaths Civilians slaughtered Conspiracy theories Conspiracy theorists David Cameron David Duke Dictators DWP Ecuador EDL Elections Extradition Far Right Feminists George Galloway Gilad Atzmon Holocaust denial Human Rights Humour Israel Israelis Julian Assange London 2012 Middle East Misogyny Mitt Romney Neo-Nazis Neofascism Neofascists New Statesman NHS No Condom Palestinians Politics Racism Rafael Correa Rape Rev. Stephen Sizer Sexism Social media Sweden Syria Syrian dictatorship Syrian uprising Tell MAMA Thatcherism The Media Tories Twitter UK Unprotected sex US Western complacency Western Inaction Western supporters of the Palestinians' cause Wikileaks Women's Rights
- Gilad Atzmon praises ex-KKKer David Duke
- Jeremy Bowen, BDS and Obvious Questions
- Stop The War: Parroting The Arguments Of A Thuggish Putin
- Refugees From Assad’s Campaign of Murder
- Islamophobia And Social Media
- Racial Attack Against An Imam In Hull
- Fake Quotes And Nelson Mandela
- Muslims, The Media And Poor Reporting
- Over at Tumblr Too!
- World Socialist Web Site: Doing PR for Assad
- Wikimedia Foundation and Antisemitism
- Norman Geras. Not an obituary.
- Labour, Letters And Clear Water
- Rebranding British Neofascism And The EDL
- Occupy Wall Street And Open Racism
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- Dear Twitter, Pls think before RTing, 1) scan timelines, don’t aid hardcore antisemites, there’s a lot of racism about. 2 hours ago
- .@Carole29 I'll comment on anything that pops into my TL, including your tweets & your inability to spot racists or be embarrassed about it 2 hours ago
- RT @Carole29: @InTheSoupAgain oh, and don't tell me how to run my account btw. 2 hours ago
- .@Carole29 It shows extremely poor judgement to RT material from someone, matey with neo-Nazis & hang ups against Jews. Just saying :) 2 hours ago
- RT @Carole29: @InTheSoupAgain he isn't my friend, however I agreed with the content of the tweet so I RT'd it. 2 hours ago
- .@BenSoffa Also, will @PSCupdates be arguing @LBC for similar action against Assad, for killing & starving Palestinians & Syrian civilians? 2 hours ago
- RT @BenSoffa: About to go on @LBC for @PSCupdates to discuss latest Israeli attacks on #Gaza. Needs arms embargo & sanctions now. 2 hours ago
- Dear Tweeps, pls differ with me over Middle East, but don’t RT hardcore antisemites as it suggests you have v. poor judgement or are stupid 3 hours ago
- Dear antiracists, Before you or your friends RT #IanRMillard's material pls read his timeline, grasp his fondness of Hitler & Golden Dawn 3 hours ago
- RT @SandraEckersley: @InTheSoupAgain I just stole his cat. 3 hours ago
- Dear nonracists, before you or your friend decide to RT material from #CharlesFrith, pls do check his TL, which is littered with racism. 3 hours ago
- RT @Welshbeard: Windows smashed at Belfast synagogue on Somerton Road in apparent antisemitic attack bbc.in/1yQNP9g #jewish #ireland 3 hours ago
- .@Carole29 Your friend, #stevetopple is a mucker of #CharlesFrith (an active antisemite) & #IanRMillard, (a neo-Nazi) thus I objected 3 hours ago
- RT @Carole29: @InTheSoupAgain what on earth are you talking about? 3 hours ago
- Final word, 1) avoid RTing racism 2) shun antisemites like #CharlesFrith & neo-Nazis like #IanRMillard 3) make effort to follow .@OneVoice 13 hours ago
- Gilad Atzmon praises ex-KKKer David DukeMost literate adults (or at least those with access to the Internet) would probably know to avoid the opinions of David Duke. Duke, ex-Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, convicted fraudster and semiprofessional antisemite is hardly … Continue reading →
- Jeremy Bowen, BDS and Obvious QuestionsJeremy Bowen, the BBC’s Middle East Editor recently stated: @Jinjirrie sorry didn't get to this. BDS is going from the edge of the debate closer to the centre— Jeremy Bowen (@BowenBBC) April 25, 2014 I feel there are many serious … Continue reading →
- Stop The War: Parroting The Arguments Of A Thuggish PutinThe premier antiwar movement in Britain, the Stop the War Coalition, are in a bit of a bind. They owe their existence to campaigning against the invasion of Iraq. They actively campaign on the Middle East and Afghanistan. Yet for … Continue reading →
- Refugees From Assad’s Campaign of MurderThe level of ambivalence found in the West towards the mass death of Syrian civilians is truly grotesque. In March 2014 it will be the three year anniversary of the conflict, which started with peaceful protests and continues with the … Continue reading →
- Islamophobia And Social MediaThere is a new report covering the phenomenon of Islamophobia and social media. It comes from the superb Online Hate Prevention Institute and leading scholar in the field, Dr Andre Oboler. “On International Human Rights Day, December 10th 2013, the … Continue reading →
- Racial Attack Against An Imam In HullHistory has shown that a climate of intolerance and anxiety leads to racial attacks. The constant back-biting aimed at British Muslims in the media and on the Web has real and deadly consequences, the Guardian reports: “Details of the assault … Continue reading →
- Fake Quotes And Nelson MandelaAs I commented elsewhere, even before Nelson Mandela’s body was cold various cynical operators were trying to expropriate his memory. As distasteful as that is, it is to be expected. Political activists have axes to grind and often very little … Continue reading →
- MadibaTagged: ANC, apartheid, F. W. de Klerk, Free Nelson Mandela, Helen Suzman, Madiba, National Party, Nelson Mandela, Robben Island, South Africa, The Specials
- Muslims, The Media And Poor ReportingWe are often caught up with our own lives. Attempting to understand how others see the world is frequently near-on impossible, but we should try, particularly when it comes to societal racism. Daily Racism Since 2001 increasing hatred and loathing … Continue reading →
- Over at Tumblr Too!I am trying a little experiment out at Tumblr. I find Twitter fascinating, but 140 characters is terribly challenging, even with the greatest of effort. So I am going to use Tumblr for the odd thought that can’t be compressed … Continue reading →
- Gilad Atzmon praises ex-KKKer David Duke
Top Posts & Pages
- The Palestine Telegraph And Racism
- George Galloway "I don't debate with Israelis"
- Greta Berlin, Free Gaza And Racism
- Western Supporters Of The Palestinians And Racism: A Dialogue With the Deaf.
- Mel Gibson, The Met Police And Sikhs
- Slow Witted Iain Duncan-Smith and LBC's James O'Brien
- Alexander Cockburn And Stalin
- Quick Round Up on Straight Pride UK
- The New Statesman's Faulty Cartography
- Fake Quotes And Nelson Mandela